For inbound customer service we refer to projects. While projects are important to inbound, it is the queues that drive calls and messages to agents. Still, the project does contain essential information such as associated contact lists and outbound setup, as well as options for customising how the project works. This article provides a summary of the process of creating an inbound project, with links to each of the relevant sections for more details.
Creating a project
In you Admin account,
- Go to the Projects page.
- Go to the Project List subpage.
- To create a new project, click Create. You may be prompted to select which type of Project to create. If so, for outbound calling, select Customer service project.
For complete details on each section of the campaign settings, click the links in the list below to see the more details. Depending on the specific setup for your environment, certain sections may not appear when you create a project.
- Complete the General information about your campaign. This includes its Name, Office, Description and Sponsor. For inbound projects this also includes the default contact list, SMS and Email sender information and contact ownership length.
- Complete the Contact list selections. Attach one or more additional contact lists.
- Manage the Call results for your campaign. Choose which global call ending reasons should be available, and create call ending reasons particularly for this project. Define waiting periods.
- In the Calling methods section choose the calling methods available to the agents if they need to make outbound calls..
- The Contact settings lets you rename fields in the contact card, as well as check that the contents are valid.
- The Optional settings includes a wide array of options for tweaking the way the project works, as well as options to include mini-reports and links to external websites.
- The Callback settings determine how callbacks work for this campaign and how agents are notified about them.
- Custom fields
- The Recording settings control the default settings for all call recordings for this project.