In general, every project you create, inbound or outbound, will have at least one associated contact list, sometimes several. This article discusses how to add a previously created contact list to a project.
While the process is broadly similar for outbound and inbound projects, there are some key differences.
In your Admin account:
- Go to the Projects page.
- Go to the Project List subpage.
- To create a new project, click Create. You may be prompted to select which type of Project to create.
Alternatively, to edit an existing project, find it in the Project List and click its name.
Default contact list
If you are creating or editing an inbound customer service project, you will need to define the Default contact list. This is the list that new contacts will be added to, if a call or message arrives from a customer not already on your contact lists for this project.
In your project settings:
This default list is mandatory for inbound Omni projects. It is not available for outbound campaigns.
Adding contact lists
- If you are creating an outbound call center campaign, go to the section Agent and contact list selections. If you are creating an inbound customer service project, go to the section Contact list selections.
- In either case, click to tick the checkboxes for the Contact lists you want to link to the project. If you have many contact lists, use the Search field to search for a list by name.
Note that you may add multiple contact lists to your project.
If you are creating an outbound call center campaign and have multiple contact lists associated with it, you may want to prioritise contacts on some lists over others.
After making your selection of contact lists:
- Click the Enable weighting link to the bottom right of the list of contact lists.
- Type a Weight value for each of your contact lists. Lists with a higher weight will be prioritised over lists with a lower weight.
- Alternatively, click the Weighting tools link.
- If you want to reset the weighting for a selection of lists, select the Use the same weighting for all selected contact lists option and type a weighting that you want to apply to all selected lists.
- If you want to prioritise contact lists which have more contacts left, select the Weight contact lists which have the most calls left option.
- To confirm your selection, in the Weighting tools dialog, click the OK button.
If you have enabled weighting, and want to switch it off again:
- Click the Disable weighting link.
For an overview of how contact lists work, see Contact List Logic.
Creating projects from contact lists
You can also create an outbound call center campaign directly from a contact list. For full details, see the article Uploading a contact list.
In summary, while creating a new contact list:
- Go to the contact list's Optional settings.
- Click to tick the checkbox Create new project for the new list.
- Complete the rest of the contact list settings as needed.
- Click the Create button.
The contact list will be uploaded as normal and a new project will be created with the same name as the contact list, with minimal settings. The project will be an outbound call center campaign.