When creating or editing a project you can define how your contact card behaves when an agent, changing which fields are displayed, what they are named, and what data they can store. These settings will be applied whenever an agent is working on this project, whichever contact list the contact is from.
In you Admin account,
- Go to the Projects page.
- Go to the Project List subpage.
- To create a new project, click Create. You may be prompted to select which type of Project to create. If so, choose the appropriate option.
Alternatively, to edit an existing project, find it in the Project List and click its name.
- Go to the Contact settings section.
- Field name. You can edit the field name for this project. Click on the name you wish to change and type an alternate name for it. Press Enter to confirm the change. Note that the name Phone number is reserved and will appear as such in the agent view even if you change it..
- Hidden field. Click to tick this checkbox if you do not want a field on the contact card for the agent.
- Non-editable field. Click to tick this checkbox if you do not want agents to be able to update this field.
- Required field validation to make an order. This setting is only available for outbound campaigns. Click this drop-down to apply rules to a field whenever an order is created. The validation options are:
- Not empty. You cannot create the order if this field has no content.
- Number. This field can only contain a properly formatted number. Note that this checks for a number, not a phone number.
- Finnish. For the Person ID field, you can require it to contain a properly formatted Finnish social security number.
- No validation. The default for all fields.
- Require validation also when saving contact.
- For outbound campaigns this is a checkbox that you can click to tick to apply the same validations rules whenever the agent saves the contact, whether there is an order or not.
- For inbound projects, this is a series of drop-downs with the same validation options as above, that are applied whenever the agent tries to save the contact.
- Field type. Select the type of information this field can contain.
- Text. The default value. The agent can type any text in this field.
- Number. The field only accepts numbers. The agent will see up and down arrows to click through whole numbers, but the number can be a decimal.
- Dropdown. The field has a specific list of options, defined in the Field values column.
- Field values. Only available if the Field type is selected as Dropdown. Click the edit icon to create or edit the list of options for the drop-down list. Type each option followed by Enter. Click OK when done. When the agent attempts to change the value for this field, they will be offered a list of these options to choose from.