Please note that this functionality is still being tested and is only available to a very limited number of clients.
About automatic callbacks
The ability to create and make callbacks is an important part of the LeadDesk workflow. However, if existing callbacks are not carefully monitored and maintained they can lead to extensive backlogs. When a callback is due, instead of relying on your agents to notice and actively call it, this new feature allows the callback to be placed automatically.
Benefits of automatic callback calling
- Public callbacks will be automatically distributed in a timely manner, ensuring callbacks are done as close to the scheduled time as possible.
- Public callbacks cannot be forgotten or overlooked.
- Eliminates your list of overdue public callbacks.
- Agents can focus on calling, rather than managing callbacks.
This feature is optional. To be able to use this feature you must:
- Have agents using the Outbound interface. It is not available for agents using Legacy Outbound, Talk or Omni. If you are not sure which interface your agents use, check this article.
- Activate the feature for each campaign you wish to use it on. For information on how to do this, see below.
Factors to consider before activating automatic callback calling
There are two implications that need to be considered if you want to use this feature.
- Private callbacks will still need to be managed.
- Call attempts allowed for a contact.
This last point is particularly important. Every number in your contact lists has a number of call attempts associated with it, and every contact list has a call attempt limit. When a number reaches that limit, the number is finalised, and removed from the numbers available for automatic calling.
When callbacks are handled manually, this call limit is not an issue, but when callbacks are being placed automatically, it becomes a factor again. This means:
- When the callback is created, the number of call attempts for that number persists. That is to say, if there were only two attempts left on the contact's phone number, there will only be two attempts allowed for the callback.
- Each attempt to automatically call the contact for a callback will reduce the call remaining attempts as normal.
- When call attempts remaining reaches zero, the callback will be deleted, and the contact number finalised.
- The exception to this rule: If the callback is created when the call attempts remaining for that number is already zero, one attempt will be allowed for the callback. The logic being that a callback is generally agreed with a customer, so they are permitting one more call attempt.
Activating automatic callback calling
To activate this feature for an existing campaign, in your Admin account:
- Go to the Projects page.
- Go to the Project List subpage.
- If necessary, search for the campaign you want to update.
- Click the campaign’s name to edit its settings.
- Click the Callback settings section heading.
- Click to tick the check box for Activate automatic calling for public callbacks.
- Click the Save button in the top right.
You can also activate this setting for newly created outbound campaigns.
With this feature active, callbacks can be dealt with in one of two ways:
- Agents can still see the list of callbacks and pick a call to do from the list.
- When a public callback is due, it will be offered automatically to an agent if they are working with Preview or Progressive calling, or with a robot.
In Preview or Progressive calling, agents will be able to tell that the call is a scheduled callback by the blue triangle in the top right of the contact card.