You might be in a situation where you have agents who need to start working from home.
This article is supposed to help you and your agents out getting started without too much of a hassle.
Make sure your computer is up to date
How to install the LeadDesk application for Windows
Make sure you have a stable internet connection
How to update your Chrome browser
I want to install click-to-dial
How do I configure my headset
How to set up your computer's Firewall
How to set up your network (Firewall)
In order to get the most out of your computer and avoid any error messages, you'll want to make sure that your computer is up to date.
This will avoid slowness and / or improve the quality of your calls.
- To manage your options and see available updates, select Check for Windows updates.
- Or select the Start button, and then go to Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update.
Please note that IF you have an update, you'll need to:
- Download and install it,
- If Windows tells you to, restart your computer,
- Check for updates again until there is nothing left.
You can download our application directly from our download page (link to direct download of application).
During the installation process, please note that you can choose a calling method:
- Calling with an USB modem, using your own SIM card
- Calling with LeadDesk VoIP
If you're unsure which one you have to use, please contact your own manager.
Please note that you might need to restart your computer.
Windows will give you a pop-up telling you to do so if necessary.
If you're unsure, restart the computer once to avoid any problems.
At your office, your company has most likely invested in their equipment and internet bundle. Now that you're at home, you'll want to make sure you have a proper connection of your own.
- Please make sure that your laptop or desktop is connected to the internet using an Ethernet cable (see picture below).
- Once you're hooked up, make a test call to your colleague or manager and ask how the quality of the call is. If there are any problems that you cannot solve, please contact our Support.
In your Chrome navigation bar (where you would normally type the website address) type out chrome://settings/help
Click on the "Search for updates" button.
You will need to close down your Chrome browser completely and open it up again once ready.
Even though your browser might say it's up to date, it is possible that you're running behind.
If your Chrome does not periodically check for updates itself, this can happen.