Recording calls may be important to your business for example, for training, or voice receipts. However even if recordings are essential, you may not want to record every call. You can set your recording preference globally, or for each project.
You can specify this behaviour when you create a project, or update it at any later point. In your Admin account:
- Go to the Projects page.
- Go to the Project List subpage.
- To create a new project, click Create. You may be prompted to select which type of Project to create. If so, choose the appropriate option.
Alternatively, to edit an existing project, find it in the Project List and click its name.
- Scroll down to the Recording settings section.
- Default record mode for projects. Click this drop-down list to select the recording mode all calls associated with this project begin in.
- Use the global project setting. Will take the preference set in the Projects page's Settings subpage.
- Record both agent and customer voices.
- Record agent voice only. This option does not work for agents using the web browser version of Legacy Outbound.
- Record agent voice only but include customer in voice receipts. This functions the same as Record agent voice only, until the agent clicks the Voice receipt button, at which point the customer side will also be recorded, until the agent clicks to finish the voice receipt. This option does not work for agents using the web browser version of Legacy Outbound, and is not available for inbound Omni projects.
- Start call with recording paused. If this is ticked, all calls begin with recording off. When the agent begins recording, whichever sides of the conversation specified in Default record mode for projects will be recorded.
- Agents can listen to other agents' call recordings. This option is not available for inbound projects. If you want agents to be able to listen to the call recordings of other agents, click to tick this box. Recordings are available in the contact card's history table.
- Recording holding time (months). Type a number of months to keep call recordings, if you need to override the default three months.