The Remote listener tool allows Admins, managers and team leaders to listen in live to any conversation that their agents are having. This remote listener uses VoIP, so you can listen to your agents from a different location.
Please note: this feature requires the agent to be using LeadDesk VoIP.
In your Admin account:
- Go to the Overview page.
- Go to the Remote listener subpage.
- Click the Campaign drop-down list to filter for one campaign, if needed.
- Click the Office drop-down list to filter for one office, if needed.
- If you changed either filter option, click the Use button to apply your selections.
The table shows you all agents currently logged in, listing their Office, Campaign, Sponsor and when their Last call was. Next to the agent's name you will see a green dot if the agent is currently on a call, or an orange dot, if they are not.
To listen to an agent's current call:
- Click the Listen link on the right-hand side of the table.
Note that if you use a pop-up blocker, it can prevent the Listening window from opening.
The Listening to dialog will open. It lists the Campaign, Sponsor, Phone number and Contact name for the call you are listening to.
You also have three buttons for different interaction modes:
- Listen: Listen in to the conversation, the agent and the customer cannot hear you.
- Whisper: Listen to the conversation and speak to the agent. The customer will not hear you. Use to train an agent or give tips in a difficult situation.
- Barge: This allows you to join the conversation fully. Both the agent and the customer will hear you.
Click the button for the mode you want to use. You can switch between the three modes as needed.
Troubleshooting the Remote listener
If you have trouble working with the Remote listener, here are a few common suggestions.
Update your operating system and browser
If you are having difficulty with the Remote listener, the first thing to ensure is that your operating system and browser are up to date. Using older versions might cause a security risk that your computer can recognise and may block certain features.
- Update your operating system to the latest version.
- Update your browser to the latest version.
- Use the Chrome browser.
Check security settings
- Check the web address you are using for LeadDesk. You must be logged in securely to use the remote listener, to the address should begin https:// not http://
- Try turning off your pop-up blocker, if you are using one.
- Make sure your anti-virus software doesn't block the website's features.
- In your browser, click the "Secure" button next to the address (this normally looks like a padlock).. Make sure the Connection is listed as secure and that the Microphone is allowed.
Check the microphone settings
From your Chrome's Microphone menu try switching the default to the headset that you're using.
In the same menu make sure that LeadDesk is listed under the Allowed to use your microphone heading.
Whitelist the agents' VoIP switches
Check the VoIP switches being used by your agents.
In your Admin account:
- Go to the General Settings page.
- Go to the VoIP subpage.
- Click the pen icon for the All agents line (or for the Agent group for your agents).
Here you will see the switches being used by your agents for VoIP. Speak to your own network support staff and make sure those addresses are whitelisted.