This article discusses how to create, edit and delete calendar appointments in the Admin interface. For more about the Meeting calendar overview page in Admin, see this article.
Meetings, busy time and tasks
There are three different types of activity that can be recorded in the calendar.
- A meeting is scheduled time involving two or more people. Meetings appear in blue in the calendar.
- Busy time indicates that a team member is not available at a given time and appears as grey in the calendar.
- Tasks show as orange in the calendar and is time reserved for particular actions, usually by one person.
Each of these are described in more detail, below.
Which calendar view?
You can create calendar entries for team members in month, week or day view. Each behaves slightly differently, and there are better views to be in, depending on what you want to achieve.
- In month view, clicking to create new activity will not select a particular time. When completing details it is important to double check the start time is correct.
- If you are marking a team member as busy, doing so in month view will mark the entire day as busy.
- In week view, you can select the time for the meeting or task by clicking on the correct slot in the calendar. If the calendar has multiple team members attached, you will need to make sure you select the correct one.
- In day view team members are listed side by side, letting you click to choose not just the correct time, but the correct team member.
The rest of this article assumes you are in week view. If you are creating activities in other views, keep in mind that you may see some differences in the dialogs.
Creating new meetings, busy time and tasks
In your Admin account:
- Go to the Overview page.
- Go to the Meeting calendar subpage.
- Click to select the preferred view: month, week or day. You cannot create new meetings in list view. Each view has its own advantages and disadvantages (see above).
- Click to select the day for the meeting or task. In week or day view you can also select the time, or click and drag to select the duration.
In the Select action dialog:
- If necessary, click the drop-down list to select the correct team member.
- Click the button for the type of activity you want to create: New meeting, Mark as busy or Add task.
To create a new meeting:
- In the Select action dialog, click the New Meeting button.
In the New Meeting dialog:
- Type a Meeting title.
- Optionally, type a Location for the meeting.
- Check that the Starts and Ends times are correct, update if necessary.
- The Organizer is the team member for whom this meeting will be booked. If necessary, click the drop-down to select the correct person.
- Type the Attendance emails. Admins must do this manually, agents booking appointments on the phone will usually have the Organizer and contact email addresses populated automatically.
- Scroll down and type a Description if needed.
- You can add further information by clicking Add custom information field. Anything added this way will appear as a bulleted list in the invitation email.
- When the meeting information is complete, click the Add and send button to add this meeting to the calendar and send invitation emails. Click Add to put the meeting in the calendar without sending messages.
Mark as busy
To mark a team member as busy:
- In the Select action dialog, click the Mark as busy button.
In the Add description dialog:
- Type a description.
- Click the Save button when done.
To add a task for a team member:
- In the Select action dialog, click the Add task button.
In the Task dialog:
- Type a Title for the task.
- Check the Starts and Ends times are correct, update if necessary.
- Optionally, type a Description for the task.
- Click the Save button when done.