Below you will find the most basic troubleshooting steps (think: "Have you tried turning it off and on again?") that you could follow in case you or your agent is having some issue with LeadDesk.
Some of these steps might not be relevant for you if you're a browser or Application user.
However, you could consider testing both of them to see which works best for you.
If preferred, we can also do the below troubleshooting for you as a service - if so, make sure LeadDesk Remote Support is installed before contacting us.
A: First, Clear cookies and cache in application and browser
- Application: When using the LeadDesk application, press Win + E simultaneously and write/paste this in the address bar: %temp%/CallMaker
In the opened folder, delete the folder "browser_cache":
- Browser: If using LeadDesk in an internet browser, simply press CTRL + SHIFT + DELETE simultaneously while the browser is open, select "All time" and check the lower 2 options. Then click "Clear data".
B: Make sure Windows is updated to the latest version
- You can open Windows Updates by opening the command prompt (press the Windows + R keys simultaneously) and writing "control update" (without the " ") and clicking OK.
- From Windows Updates, make sure Windows is up to date and no updates are available.
C: Install your headset's software and update headset firmware
D: Delete and Reinstall the LeadDesk application
- Delete LeadDesk: You can open Windows App management by opening the command prompt again (press the Windows + R keys simultaneously) and writing "appwiz.cpl"(without the " ") and clicking OK.
- Delete from the Registry: You can open the registry by opening the command prompt again (press the Windows + R keys simultaneously) and writing "regedit" (without the " ") and clicking OK.
Delete the folder "Call Manager Pro" (you can paste this address in the address bar: Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Call Manager Pro)
- Restart: This step should not be skipped: please restart the computer at this point.
- Reinstall LeadDesk: Download and install the latest version of LeadDesk from: http://www.leaddesk.com/downloads
E: Whitelist LeadDesk on the FireWall
- Individually, per each computer:
- Whitelist Network firewall (Optional, for advanced users or IT admins):
Of course, it is possible the above steps do not resolve the problem - but at least we now covered the most basic steps!
At this point, perhaps an expert is needed: feel free to contact us at email@example.com