Phone numbers can only be active for the parties that are authorized to use them. This means you must have a mandate when the number is used by a party other than its owner.
Examples of when a mandate is needed:
- Porting a number to, or from, LeadDesk.
- Ordering a number to be used by another company.
- Masking a number (if not done using the masking app in the LeadApp Store).
- Changing the registration of a number to show the name of another company.
Completing the mandate
All information on the mandate needs to be filled in correctly. When completing the mandate, please check the following:
- Company name(s) are completed in the correct places.
- The mandate is signed by the company owning the number.
- The person signing the mandate must have legal authorization to sign the mandate on behalf of the company.
- If a proof of address or company registration paper is needed, the information on those must match the information on the mandate.
- If the mandate needs to be corrected, the date when it is signed needs to be updated.
The best way to sign a mandate is to use the e-signing tool, or to sign the mandate by hand. Mandates cannot be signed by typing a name in the document.