For many types of call centers it is important to track performance, where calls can result in a product or service being offered/sold. You can create products to be added to your outbound campaigns, so agents can record them in their calls.
To create a new product, in your Admin account:
- Go to the Products page.
- Go to the Products list subpage.
- Click the Create button.
- Type the Product code, if you have one. This may be different from the sponsor's code, depending on your local setup.
Pricing and commission
Next, you can set the pricing for the product, and your agents' commission where appropriate. Note that the currency is set globally in your environment (see this article for more).
- Set the pricing and commission details:
- Sales price - price the product is sold for to the customer.
- Hourly wage - hourly wage attached to the product.
- Commission/order - amount of commission the company earns when selling this product.
- Commission percent - percentile that an agent earns when selling this product.
- Target/hour - sales target to be achieved per hour.
- Sales points - if you use sales points within LeadDesk, you can define them here per product sold.
- Target/hour (points) - sales target in points to be achieved per hour.
- Optionally, type a short Product description.
- Agent can set sales price freely - if checked, an agent can change the Sales price, allowing the agent to be more competitive if required.
The product fields will show when the agent selects the product. They can be used to help guide the conversation with the potential customer, and to record their choices.
To add a field:
- Click the drop-down list to select the type of field (see Product field types below).
- Click the Add field button.
- Type a Field name.
- Click to tick Mandatory field to require the agent to complete this field when add this product to the order.
- If the field is of type Single select or Multiselect, type an option in the Selections field. Click the Add row button to add extra options.
- Add any additional fields if required.
When all details have been recorded for your product:
- Click the Create button.
Product field types
When adding product fields there are several different types which let agents record different types of information.
- Text. Allows the agent to type a small line of text.
- Date. Allows the agent to select a date.
- Single select. Allows you to create a list of options, the agent will only be able to choose one of them.
- Multiselect. - Allows you to create a list of options, the agent will be able to select any or all of them.
- Textarea. Allows the agent to type more text.
- Static text. Shows non-editable text to the agent.
Product fields in agent view
If an agent selects a product with the above product fields in the Outbound interface, this is how they will appear.