Manager and Team Leader account use the Admin interface and are not able to make or receive calls. By default, Managers and Team Leaders have almost complete access to Admin, but accounts can be restricted so they cannot access certain pages. Team Leader accounts can be associated with an Office, and can be restricted to see only activity in the same office.
In the Admin account, to create a new Manager or Team Leader account:
- Go to the Users page.
- Go to the User list subpage.
- Click the Create button.
The user’s Level determines whether their login takes them to an agent or admin interface. To create a Manager or Team Leader:
- Click the Level drop-down list and select Manager or Teamleader as needed.
- Type the Username.
- Click the Set password link.
- Type a password. This will be a temporary password that they will need to change when they first log in.
- Click the Set button.
User account information
Most of the rest of the User account information is only relevant to Agent accounts, and can be ignored for Managers and Team Leaders.
- Click the Language drop-down list to select the language the account will use.
- If you tick the Restrict user's login check box, the user will only be able to log in from the same IP address as their Office. If you did not set an IP Address for your Office when you created it, do not use this option.
- Complete the Contact information and Employment information as needed.
- The Full name field is mandatory.
- The Email is mandatory.
- If you use multiple offices, you may want to assign an Office to this account.
By default, Manager and Team Leader accounts have access to the same pages of the Admin interface as an Administrator. You may want to reduce the level of access that Managers and Team Leaders have. This can be done with the User permissions.
- Click the User permissions heading.
- Click the View permissions heading.
All pages and subpages of the Admin interface are ticked by default.
- Click to untick a page or subpage to remove the account's access to that page.
As well as limiting access to pages, you can limit the account’s use within some of the pages.
- Click the Functional permissions heading.
- Click to untick any options that you do not wish the manager to have access to.
The following section is only available for Team Leader accounts, and requires the LeadApp Office permissions for team leaders.
If you have multiple Offices in your environment, Team Leaders can normally only see activity from their own office. If you want a Team Leader from one office to see activity for another, after completing the View permissions and Functional permissions:
- Click the Office permissions heading.
- Click to tick whichever offices you want this Team Leader to work with
Finishing the account
When all information is complete:
- Click the Create button in the top right of the screen.