Missing a call
In the Omni interface, whenever an agent is offered a call, they have the option to either Reject or Answer it. If the agent misses the call and selects neither option, LeadDesk will switch off inbound for that agent.
This is done so that if the agent is away from their desk but forgot to turn off inbound, new calls will not be offered to the agent until they are back.
The agent can start taking calls again by clicking Start inbound on their interface.
Missing multiple calls - agent bans
When you set up an inbound call queue in the Inbound page and Queues subpage, one of the General Settings you can set is the number of Missed calls allowed:
This is the maximum number of consecutive times an agent can miss a call and restart inbound. If the agent exceeds this limit, they will temporarily be banned.
If an agent has been banned, there are two ways to unban them.
- The best way is for the agent to log out of Omni and back in again. This will reset their missed calls count to zero and they can click Start inbound to continue.
- In your Admin account, you can unban the agent. However, this does not reset the agent’s missed call count, so if they miss the next call after you unban them, they will immediately be banned again.
To unban an agent in the Admin interface:
- Go to the Overview page and click the Inbound queues subpage.
- In the Call queues table, click the name of one of the queues the agent serves.
A new table will be displayed under the Call queues table, showing all online agents able to serve that queue.
- Find the agent in this table. They will have a grey dot to the left of their name.
- Click the Unban link.