If you have many queues on your environment, it can be helpful to group them. If you allow Omni agents to select the queues they are serving, queue groups will let agents select entire groups with a single click.
Creating queue groups
To create a queue group, in your Admin account:
- Go to the Inbound page.
- Go to the Queue groups subpage.
- Click the Create button.
The Queue group setting dialog will open. By default, queues in this dialog are sorted by group, showing the Queues without group first.
- Type a Group name.
- If necessary, you can search for queues by typing in the Search box. Click the filter button to change how results are displayed.
- Click to tick the checkboxes for the queues you wish to include in this group. Queues can only be a member of one queue. If you tick a queue that is already in a group, it will be moved to the new group.
- Once you have selected all queues for this group, click the Save button.
Editing and deleting queue groups
- To change a queue group, click the edit icon . The Queue group setting dialog will open, allowing you to add or remove queues for the group, or change the group's name.
- To delete a queue group, click the delete icon . You will be asked to confirm, click OK.
Allowing agents to choose queues
To be able to select which queue groups to serve, the agent needs to be given permission to choose queues.
In your Admin account:
- Go to the Agents page.
- Go to the Agent list subpage.
- If necessary, search for the agent you wish to change.
- Click the agent's name.
- Click the User permissions heading to see the options.
- Click the Functional permissions heading.
- Click to tick Allow users to choose queues they want to serve.
- Click the Save button.
What the agent sees
If you have enabled the agent to choose their queues, they can do so:
- In the Omni interface click the icon in Inbound queues in the top left of the Inbound page.
- In the Outbound interface, on the Outbound page's Inbound tab, click the icon for Active queues.
In either case, the Inbound queue settings dialog will open. The agent can then click to tick or untick individual queues or queue groups. This screenshot is from Omni, the Outbound dialog looks a little different but works the same way.