An inbound route is what connects an email address to the rest of your LeadDesk environment. Using an inbound route you can send emails to that address to a queue, flows that handle the preprocessing of that email.
Creating a route
To create a new inbound route, in your Admin account:
- Go to the Inbound page.
- Go to the Inbound routes subpage.
To create a new route :
- Click the Create button.
- In the Destination settings dialog, click the Type drop-down list and select Email.
- Type the Email address this route is for.
Choosing the destination
For Destination type you can choose:
Your choice will determine what other fields you need to complete.
To direct messages to a flow:
LeadML is the language used to create flows. It is possible you might have created LeadML code outside the Flow tool and this option lets you link to that.
- Click the Destination type drop-down list and select LeadML.
- Type the LeadML name.
- Type (or more likely paste!) the URL of your LeadML code.
- Click OK.
You can also direct messages straight to an Omnichannel queue.
- Click the Destination type drop-down list and select Queue.
- Click the Omnichannel queue drop-down list and select the appropriate queue.
- Click the Project drop-down list and select the appropriate project.
- Click OK.