This article is part of the Implementing Omni series. The previous article is Specifying the sender address.
The Example Company has two existing email addresses, email@example.com and GoldService@example.com.
- They set up two inbound omnichannel queues, one for the general service, and one for Gold service.
- They give a priority of 1 to the general service queue, and a priority of 10 to the Gold queue. This makes sure that Gold emails will be offered to agents first.
- In the Gold queue, they select that agents need the Gold skill to be offered messages from it.
- They create inbound routes for both email addresses, directing each to the relevant queue and project.
- They speak to their email provider and set a date and time to go live with Omni and switch on mail forwarding.
- For their Gold project they update the Email sender to the GoldService@example.com and for their general service project, they update the Email sender to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- They check with their mail provider who informs them they don’t use SPF.