As an Admin, you will often need to gather information about activity in LeadDesk. Whether you need to know about calls, orders, or agents, the system offers many reports to show you that information.
Note: Not all reports are available on all installations, use this article as a guide for how reports work in general, but it cannot cover all details for all reports.
Choosing the report
This example uses the report Inbound assignment report messages, which shows information about inbound messages. For it, you can choose the date range, campaign, or queue that you want to see.
In your Admin account:
- Click to select the Reports page from the top menu.
- Click the button in the top right.
- Click the Report name drop-down list.
You will see a list of the pre-defined reports that you have available. The exact list will depend on local setup so there may be reports that are not available for your installation of LeadDesk.
- Click to select the desired report, this example uses the report Inbound assignment report messages.
Depending on the report you select, several options become available. For this report, in the Main options section you can adjust the Time period and Campaign. We can also specify some Custom filters.
For this report, in the Main options section:
- Click the Time period drop-down list.
- Click to choose the date range you wish to run the report for. To use a custom date range, click to select Numeric date. It is generally better to use a “Literal date”, for example Yesterday or This month.
- If you only want the report for a particular project or campaign, click the Project drop-down list to select it.
Some reports also include a Custom filters section:
- Choose the options relevant to the report you want to create.
Generating the report
Once you have defined the report you want to run, you have three options in the top right to generate the report.
Save to shortcuts
If this is a report you wish to run regularly, you can save it with your preferred options, so you don’t have to recreate it every time.
Note: This option is not available if the Time period you chose for your report was a Numeric date range.
- Click the Save to shortcuts link.
- The Save shortcut dialog opens. Type a Name for your report. Choose something which will remind you later what the report is for.
- Click the Save button.
The report will be available to you in the Report shortcuts page. You can run the report from there whenever you need it.
This option lets you save the data of the report as a CSV or Excel file.
- Click the button.
- Click to select your preferred format.
- The report will be created and automatically downloaded. You can find the report in your Downloads folder.
To generate the report and view it on screen:
- Click the button.
Reading the report
This report is presented as two tables. The first table shows the options the report is using, as you defined on the previous page. In this case, it shows the Time period and campaign selected in the Main options of the report, and the from and to times and queues defined in the Custom filters.
The second table shows the data in this report. For more information about this report, see this article.