When working inbound in the Outbound (or Legacy Outbound) interface, agents can set up to receive voicemail messages if a call is directed to them, but they are not logged in. This option is not available for agents working in the Omni interface.
When the agent is not logged in, the customer can be redirected to a voicemail. The voicemail will be delivered to the agent's e-mail address as a WAV file.
Creating an Agent just for voicemail
One possibility is to create an agent this will not be used by a real person, and will therefore never be logged in. If you direct calls to this agent from a flow, it will then always allow the caller to record a voice mail, which can be forwarded to an email address of your choice.
First, you need to make sure the agent's account has an email address associated with it. In your Admin account:
- Go to the Agents page.
- Go to the Agent list subpage.
- If necessary, search for the agent to update.
- Click the agent's username to open their details.
- In the Contact information section, make sure that the agent has a valid Email address.
- Click the Save button in the top right.
When the agent receives a voice mail, it will be sent to this email address, arriving as a WAV attachment.
The agent will also need to set up to accept voice mail.
In the Agent's account:
- Go to the Settings page by clicking the on the left-hand side (or clicking the Settings tab if using the Legacy Outbound interface)
- In the Not reachable destination section, click the Destination drop down list and select the Voicemail option, which should include the email address.
- In the Voicemail greeting section, click the Record link to record the voicemail greeting.