Your Admin can enable you to choose which queues you serve (see Enabling agents to choose queues, below). If they have, this article describes how to choose which queues or queue groups you are working on.
Choosing the queues or queue groups to serve
In the Active queues section to the left of the main Inbound page, you can see how many queues you are currently serving. You will either see the number of queues you are currently serving (9 in this example), or All, if you have selected to serve all queues.
You can select the queues to serve either before you click Start inbound, or while you are already working inbound. In either case:
- Click the pen-icon button to the right of the inbound button:
You will see a list of queues and queue groups that you can select from.
- Click to tick or untick the queues or queue groups as needed. Clicking a queue group will select/deselect all queues in that group.
In this example, the agent has deselected the Sales support_Finland queue, but is still serving the other queue in the Finnish support queue group:
- Alternatively you can select to serve all queues, but clicking the Select all link, or none by clicking Clear all.
Enabling agents to choose queues
Granting permission for your agents to select the queues they serve from moment to moment gives you the ability to respond to needs rapidly. If your agents normally serve specialised queues, but your general queue suddenly becomes busy, agents would be able to switch to serving that queue too, for example.
This permission must be granted for each agent.
In your Admin account:
- Go to the Agents page.
- Go to the Agent list subpage.
- If necessary, search for the agent you wish to update.
- Click the agent's name to edit their account.
- Click the User permissions section heading.
- Click the Function permissions section heading.
- Click to tick the checkbox for Allow users to chooses queues they want to serve.
- Make any other changes required to the agent's account.
- Click the Save button in the top right.