In some regions, it is required by law that orders placed over the phone must be confirmed separately through another channel. In LeadDesk this process can be automated using the SMS Order Confirmation LeadApp. This article discusses how to create message templates to send as part of this process. For more about activating Order confirmation and adding it to your projects, see this article.
Templates used by order confirmation
Before adding SMS order confirmation to any of your projects, you will first need to create the templates for the messages the tool sends. Only one of these templates is required for SMS order confirmation, but for best results we recommend setting up all four:
- The order message. Required. This is sent to the customer automatically to request confirmation.
- Invalid response. Optional. This is sent to the customer if they respond to the confirmation message but with an unexpected answer.
- Thank you message. Optional. This is sent to the customer when they respond correctly, confirming their order.
- Reminder message. Optional. This is sent to the customer if they do not respond to the request for confirmation.
Creating the message templates
To create message templates, in your Admin account:
- Go to the General Settings page.
- Go to the Message templates subpage.
- Click the Create SMS template button.
The message template dialog will open in a new window.
- Type a Template name. You will need to select these templates later for your projects, so give your templates meaningful names that remind you of its function. This can be especially useful if you are creating all of the optional templates.
- For order confirmation the Template's Sender information is automatically assigned. While this field is mandatory, for this purpose it doesn't matter what you type.
- Type the Template text for the message to be sent to the customer.
You can use tags to include elements of information about the customer or their order in the message. This example includes tags for the customer's first and last names.
To include tags:
- Place the cursor in the message text where you the tag to appear.
- Click the Select template tag from list drop-down list.
- Click to select the tag to include.
Remember that SMS messages have a maximum character limit, and if your message goes longer than this it will be sent as multiple messages. This will increase the cost of sending the message, and potentially delay the message being sent. Using tags can increase the length of your message in unpredictable ways.
Once the message template is complete:
- Click the Create button.
Repeat the process to create any of the order confirmation messages you are planning to use.