This article describes how to prepare a file for uploading blacklist numbers, and the process of uploading that file to LeadDesk.
Preparing a blacklist file
When preparing a file to upload, consider the following:
- You can upload files of blacklisted numbers in Excel or CSV formats.
- The numbers to be blacklisted should appear in the first column of the spreadsheet.
- Numbers should be in the precise format to be checked against. If your file contains the number +35812345678, this does not automatically blacklist 0012345678, 0035812345678 or 12345678.
- Blacklist files can be very large. Limit the size of your upload file to a maximum of 70,000 rows for best performance.
- Are the numbers in the file to be blacklisted globally or only for a specific existing sponsor.
Uploading a blacklist file
In your Admin account:
- Go to the Contact Lists page.
- Go to the Blacklist subpage.
- Click the Add file button.
- In the Upload a blacklist file dialog, click the Choose File button.
- Browse to locate your blacklist file, then click to select it.
- Click the Open button.
- Click to select if these numbers should be added to the Global blacklist, or for a sponsor specific blacklist. You can select multiple sponsor lists with Ctrl-click.
- Click the Save button.
The larger the file, the longer it will take to upload and process. Once the upload is complete, the Progress will be shown as Ready. You can remove the upload table by clicking the - symbol to the right.