This article is part of the Implementing Omni series. The previous article is Creating email templates.
In your Admin account:
- Go to the General Settings page.
- Go to the Message templates subpage.
- Click the Create SMS template button.
- Type a Template name.
- For the Template's sender (phone number), either type a static value, or click the Dynamic fields drop-down list to choose an element which will adapt when the template is used.
- Type the content in the space at the bottom of template window.
If the text in your template is long, it will be split across multiple messages. Certain special characters, including some accented characters take more than one character to send, so your message may be split earlier than you expect. In the bottom right of the message content is a count for the number of SMS messages that will be required to send the text.
You can include message tags which will be converted to text when the template is used. For example, you can use the tag for the Agent’s name in the template, so that when the message is sent, the tag will be converted to the name of whichever agent is sending the message.
If your template includes tags, the number of messages required to send it can no longer be calculated, because the template can no longer predict how long the text will be.
To add a tag:
- Click the Select template tag from list drop-down list.
- Click to select a tag.
When the template is ready:
- Click the Create button at the bottom of the template window.
The next article describes using canned messages.