This article is part of the Implementing Omni series. The previous article is Canned messages and webchat.
In your Admin account:
- Go to the General Settings page.
- Go to the Message templates subpage.
- Click the Create Email template button.
- Type a Template name. This will appear as the title for this template in canned messages, so it is a good idea for the name to clearly state what it is for.
- Optionally, type a Template subject line for the template.
- Optionally, for each of the Template sending properties, either type a static value, or click the Dynamic fields drop-down list to choose an element which will adapt when the template is used.
For example, when this template is used to send a message, you may want a copy to be sent to the agent. For the CC field (or BCC as preferred), click the Dynamic fields drop-down list and select Agent’s email address. Alternatively, there may be a specific email address you want copies of this message sent to, regardless of which agent uses the template. In that case, type the email address in the CC or BCC field.
- To add an attachment to the template, click the Choose file button and browse to find the file.
- To add multiple attachments, for each file after the first, click the New attachment button.
To create the message content:
- Type the content in the space at the bottom of template window.
You can include formatting, links and graphics using the editing tools. You can also include message tags which will be converted to text when the template is used. For example, you can use the tag for the Agent’s name in the template, so that when the message is sent, the tag will be converted to the name of whichever agent is sending the message.
To add a tag:
- Click the Select template tag from list drop-down list.
- Click to select a tag.
When the template is ready:
- Click the Create button at the bottom of the template window.
The next article discusses creating SMS templates.