This article is part of the Implementing Omni series. The previous article is Setting up inbound SMS projects and queues.
Before ordering an SMS number, make sure you know the name of the project and inbound queue it will be associated with.
Then click this link to open the SMS numbers for Omni page on the LeadApp store (will open in a new tab).
As noted, the price for SMS numbers varies by country. The number will also be more expensive if you also plan to use it for voice calls. Contact your Account Manager for more information.
- Click the Order number button.
- Type the name of the Inbound Project for this SMS number.
- Type the Queue Name for this SMS number.
- If the number is to be used for inbound and outbound calls, type Yes, otherwise, type No.
- In the LeadDesk authentication section, type your Admin login then password.
- Click the Activate button.
The activation of this number may take several days, depending on the country of origin. Once you have received confirmation that the number is active, you will need to set the SMS sender information in your project.