Proof of address
To meet the legislation requirements of telecom operators and markets, the customer is responsible for proof that they are allowed to use and own numbers in their LeadDesk environment.
For local numbers it is required to have a local address in the country. In some countries it is also required that the address must be within locality or region covered by the phone number's prefix.
For mobile and toll-free numbers the local address in not necessarily required, depending on the country.
Setting the local address
Setting the address is done first by creating the address and then linking it with the numbers the address covers.
In your Admin account:
- Go to the General Settings page.
- Go to the Outbound numbers subpage.
The Outbound numbers page is divided into three tables: Number groups, All available numbers and Addresses.
To create addresses:
- Click the Create button in the Addresses section of the page.
In the Create an address dialog:
- Complete all fields. All fields are mandatory. The Name will be used to refer to this address within LeadDesk.
- Click to tick the checkbox to confirm you understand your obligations.
- Click the Create button at the bottom of the dialog box.
Associating an address with an outbound number
To associate an outbound number with one of your addresses:
- Go to the All available numbers section of the page.
The numbers without address are marked in the list. To add the address to a number:
- Click the to the right of the row for that number.
- Click the Edit option.
- Click the Address drop-down list and select the name of the appropriate address.
- Optionally, click to tick the relevant Number groups.
- Click the Save button.
Creating number groups
It can be useful to group numbers together to manage them more easily, for example adding an entire group of numbers to a campaign with a single click.
To create a group:
- Go to the Number groups section of the page.
- Click the Create button in that section.
- Type a Name for the group
- Click to tick the checkboxes for all numbers to be included in this group.
- Click the Create button.
Adding numbers to a project
Next you can add single numbers or a full group to a project. For full details, see the article Optional settings for projects.
You can assign numbers by clicking to tick the checkbox for a group (1) or a specific number (2). If you have an outbound caller ID set from an agent's card, you override the number (3) when the agent is calling from this specific project.
Adding new numbers (purchase or mandate) to LeadDesk
To add new outbound numbers, use the Buy Phone Numbers LeadApp. You can either purchase new numbers or use our digital mandate system to allow us to use numbers that you already own.