The blacklist allows you to filter out contacts based on their phone number throughout your entire organization. This can be done automatically when an agent uses a predefined call ending reason, via the admin panel per individual entry, or by uploading a list via the admin panel.
The blacklist can be compared against when uploading a new contactlist.
It does not actively check against newly added cards by the agent.
To get to the blacklist menu, go to Admin panel > Contact lists (1) > Blacklist (2)
Uploading new numbers for the blacklist
(3) Here you can upload a new Excel or CSV with phonenumbers to which you want to compare.
- Please note that the system will check the number in the exact notation in your list compared to the exact notation in the system. "+35812345678" will not filter out "0012345678", "0035812345678" or "12345678".
- Please limit the size of your list to a maximum of 70,000 rows to allow a smooth upload.
- Lists can be uploaded to a global list or be attached to an existing sponsor.
Overview of existing numbers and applying changes
In the table you'll find all blacklisted numbers.
(4) Shows all numbers in their exact notation, as uploaded by an admin (system does not apply any number formating).
(5) Shows if a number was attached to a sponsor when uploaded by the admin.
(6) Shows the date when the number was uploaded.
(7) The edit icon allows you to change an existing number or it's attached sponsor. The delete icon allows you to remove a single number.
By pressing the "Upload a blacklist file (Excel or CSV)" the below pop-up will show.
Use the "Choose File" to upload an Excel or CSV file from your computer.
From the selection menu below, you can then select to which sponsor you want to attach the numbers. Multiple sponsors can be selected by holding down the Control button on your keyboard.
Use the "Send" button to upload the list. Use "Cancel" to abort your upload.
By pressing the edit button the below pop-up will show.
You can adjust the number in the textfield or change the sponsor to which the phonenumber is attached.
Allowing agents to move numbers to a blacklist
You can allow agents to use a call ending reason of your choice to add numbers to a blacklist.
This can be done via a:
- Global call ending reason - Admin > General Settings > Global Call ending reasons
- Campaign specific call ending reason - Admin > Campaigns > Call results section
You can apply this change to an existing or a new call ending reason.
- "Move number to blacklist" -checkbox & Select own or sponsor specific blacklist
- Checks if that current campaign or other campaigns or calling lists with that specific sponsor have same blacklisted number and removes it (see specs below). Global is considered a global blacklist which affects all contact lists.
- Campaign sponsor will be shown on reason list if admin selects sponsors other than global blacklist. This is to indicate user that campaign sponsor will also be used blacklisting. The text will not appear if user selects only global blacklist or no sponsor at all.
- No sponsor selected is interpreted as global blacklist.
How blacklisted numbers are removed from contact lists
Note: that removing in this context means physically removing from database (customers -table).
Note: if you're not using the country code in your contact cards, this might create a problem, where if you receive an inbound calls, the number will be set with country code. Blacklist will treat the two numbers as two different contacts, as it cannot verify the country in the contact card without the country code.
Selected number to be blacklisted:
- must be added to blacklists (blacklist names aka sponsors are defined in call ending reason. Campaign sponsor is used for blacklisting as well.
- must be removed from
- calling lists attached to current campaign
- calling lists which have the same sponsor as current campaign
- calling lists attached to other campaigns which have same sponsor as our current campaign
- calling lists attached to other campaigns which have same sponsor as the blacklists selected with the call ending reason
- calling lists which have the same sponsor as the blacklists selected with the call ending reason
- Note: Blacklist Global is considered global client wide blacklist which affects all contact lists -> number will be deleted from all contact lists. Empty blacklist is also considered as global.
Other numbers belonging to the same contact
- Mark as used from calling lists attached to current campaign
Client is using campaign having sponsor Volvo, and selects a blacklisting call ending reason having sponsors Audi and BMW. Here´s what happens to following calling lists:
|Campaign sponsor||Contact list sponsor||Is number removed||Are alternative numbers marked as used|
|List connected to current campaign (sponsor is irrelevant for this case)||Honda||Yes (connected to current campaign)||Yes (connected to current campaign)|
|Volvo||Honda||Yes (campaign sponsor matches current campaign sponsor)||No (not connected to current campaign)|
|Volkswagen||Volvo||Yes (list sponsor matches current campaign sponsor)||No (not connected to current campaign)|
|Audi||Volkswagen||Yes (campaign sponsor matches selected reason sponsors)||No (not connected to current campaign)|
|Toyota||Audi||Yes (list sponsor matches selected reason sponsors)||No (not connected to current campaign)|
|Honda||Toyota||No (campaign or list sponsor does not match current campaign or selected reason sponsors)||No (not connected to current campaign)|
|Honda||<empty>||No (campaign or list sponsor does not match current campaign or selected reason sponsors)||No (not connected to current campaign)|
|<empty>||<empty>||No (campaign or list sponsor does not match current campaign or selected reason sponsors)||No (not connected to current campaign)|