The most common way to send and email in Omni is Replying to an email that you have received. Omni provides a range of other ways to send an email, described below.
Creating an email while serving a customer
While on a call to a customer there may be occasions that you want to send an email that should be part of the current conversation. This might be an email to the contact, perhaps sending them some information you were just talking about, or it might be to a third party that you need to notify about the customer.
It is important to know that using this method will add the email you send to the contact history for the contact you have open. If you do not want that, use the Manual contact option, below.
In this example, the agent is on a call to the customer, but can still send an email.
- Click the Email tab at the top.
Before you can send an email from here, you will need to address it. Omni does not assume you want to send this mail to the contact, even if the contact has an email address.
- Click the Recipients button to address the message.
- If you are intending to send the message to the current contact, click the + next to the To field to include the contact's email.
- You can then write and send the email as normal. (See the article Replying to an email for more).
This option must be enabled for particular projects by your Admin. If it has not been enabled for any projects, you will not be able to create manual emails. If it is enabled, you will see the Manual contact button next to the inbound button.
Manual contact when not in a call
When you are not currently in a call, you can can use the Manual contact button to make a call or send an email. To send an email:
The address you typed will be added to the To: address for the email. You can continue from here as normal.
Manual contact when in a call
You can create a manual email while on a call to a contact.
- Click to minimise the call dialog.
|The call details will remain in a window in the bottom left of the screen.
In this case, the option to make a call is not available (you can only be on one call at a time).
Manual contact from Outbound
The Manual contact button can also be found on the Outbound page of the Omni interface.
- You cannot go to the Outbound page while in a call on the Inbound page.
- On the Outbound page you must select the project you are working on.
Choosing the project you are working on can have several effects.
- Manual contacts may not be switched on for certain projects, meaning the Manual contact button will not be available.
- The default contact list that new contacts are saved to can change.
- The sender email address can be different for different projects. Changing to a different project before sending a manual email can mean you send on from a different email address.
To send emails from the Outbound tab:
- Click the button in the left-hand menu bar to go to the Outbound page. Remember, you cannot switch to Outbound when on a call in the Inbound page.
- When you switch, you may immediately be prompted to select a project. If not, you can change project by clicking the pen icon next to the current project name.
- Click the Select project drop-down list to choose the project you wish to work on.
- Depending on the project's settings you may also need to click to select your preferred Calling methods.
Remember that your choice of project will determine which contact list any new contacts you create will be added to, and what email address the message will be sent from. It will also determine whether you have a Manual contact button available or not. If you do:
- Click the Manual contact button.
- Proceed as described above.
Creating an email from History
You may need to send an email to follow up with a contact you dealt with before. In that case, you can find the contact in your History page, and send the email from there.
- Click the button in the left-hand menu bar to go to the History page.
- You can filter the list by adjusting the Time Interval, or by selecting a particular Project or Result from the drop-down lists.
- You have located the correct Customer, click their name to open their contact information.
- You can now create and send an email as normal.
The email is automatically addressed to the contact, but you can click the Recipients button to add or change addressees.