Availability: This feature is not enabled for all clients. Ask your Admin if this option is available for you.
When engaged on a call you can use the Phonebook feature to create a conference call by adding other people, either using a phonebook entry, or by typing in a number manually.
In the agent's Omni interface, while on a call (either inbound or outbound):
- Click the Phonebook button in the call controls.
- Click the Conference call menu item.
In the Conference dialog:
- Either select a number to call from the Phonebook drop-down list, or click the Manual field and type a phone number.
- To add the party directly to the conference call, click the Add to call button. When the call is answered they will join the conference directly.
Alternatively, you can call the third party before joining them to the conference call:
- Click the Call button.
You can then speak to the third party. You can:
- Move between the conference call and the third party by clicking the Switch button.
- Add the third party to the conference call by clicking the Add to conference button.
- End the call by clicking Hangup.
- If you need a keypad, for example to navigate a menu when you call the third party, click the DTMF button.
- To mute your microphone for the current call, click the Mic button.
Leaving the conference call
When you are ready to leave the call:
- Click the Leave conference button. This will not end the call for other parties, who can continue the call in your absence.