In the Omni interface, you will see an indicator if a message is unread. You can mark a message as read either by replying to it or by using options in the interface. You can similarly mark read messages as unread if you want to have a reminder to revisit a particular message.
The unread indicator
The unread indicator appears as a blue dot in the following places:
- In the Overview list of active contacts. The indicator shows if there are unread messages from that contact. As well as the blue dot, you will see a number in brackets indicating how many unread messages there are.
- In the contact's History, next to the first line of a message, or its subject, in the case of emails.
Show only unread
If there are many messages in the contact's history, you may want to focus on just the unread messages. To see only the unread messages in a contact's History:
- Click to tick the Show only unread checkbox.
To return to viewing the contact's entire history, click to untick the checkbox.
Marking a message as read
When you reply to a message, it will automatically be marked as read.
To manually mark a message as read:
- Click the Mark as read link underneath the message.
When you do:
- The unread notification (blue dot) is removed from the current message.
- If there are no longer any unread messages in this conversation, the blue dot will also be removed from the Overview column.
- The Mark as read link changes to Mark as unread.
Marking a message as unread
To mark a read message as unread:
- Click the Mark as unread link underneath the message.
When you do:
- The unread notification (blue dot) is displayed for the current message.
- If there were no unread messages in this conversation before, the blue dot will now appear again in the Overview column.
- The Mark as unread link changes to Mark as read.
Selecting a call ending reason and unread messages
If you try to assign a call ending reason when there are still unread messages, you will see the following dialog:
You have two options in this case:
- If you have read all messages, but not marked all as read, click the Mark all as read and continue button. This will complete the assigning of the call ending reason and mark all messages as read.
- If you have not read all messages, click the Show message button. The call ending reason will not be assigned, and you will be taken to the unread message for review.