This article discusses how to set up integrations for agents to use during a call. They are available to agents using Outbound or Omni interfaces. For more about what integrations are, see Integrations for your projects.
Integrations are associated with projects (rather than agents or contact lists) and may either be specific to one project, or common to all.
The following settings need to be added to each project separately, and can be configured differently for each project. In your Admin account:
- Go to the Projects page.
- Go to the Project List subpage.
- If necessary, search for the project you wish to update.
- Click the name of the project to edit its settings.
Campaign/Project web addresses
You may want agents to have access to a webpage during a call. This might be your knowledgebase, a products page, even your own customer database. You can create up to two additional tabs in the agent interface to display webpages, potentially even making them the first thing agents see, before the LeadDesk contact card.
It is possible to take this one step further and build a customer order form which appears in place of the normal contact/order information. This requires development by LeadDesk's PCS team, and is billable, but it means you have have the order form you want.
In this example, we have the LeadDesk home page open in a tab called LeadDesk:
This option is available in outbound campaigns, for agents using Outbound, or inbound projects, for agents using Omni.
In your project settings:
- Go to the Optional settings.
- Type (or paste) the URL for the webpage into the Campaign web address field (called Project web address for inbound projects).
- Click the URL Variables drop-down to add selected variable to the URL. You can use the drop-down multiple times to add further variables. These will be included into the URL, to pass the selected information to the site. Options available:
- Call variables - including agent's name, and ID, the Call ID, contact list ID or project ID.
- Contact variables - any fields from the contact's contact card.
- Type a Name of the tab to determine how much screen space is used to display the web page.
- Click the Default campaign tab drop-down list to select whether the agent should see the normal Order page first, or one of your two campaign web addresses.
Special Campaign web addresses
As well as being able to type a custom web address, there are several pre-defined addresses. These are used in conjunction with specific LeadApps.
For example, if you are using the Easy e-sign LeadApp, click the Campaign web address drop-down list and select Easy E-sign. This will populate the address field automatically. For more about setting up Easy E-sign, see this article.
The Call Dialog Mini Report is a special case mini report, available to be set up in both outbound campaigns and inbound projects. It does not show a report, but creates a button which can launch an external application, or an extra tab in the agent interface.
To add mini reports to your agents' view, in your project settings:
There are no options for this setting by default.
Integrations that affect all projects
You can also create a new tab in the agents' call tab that will appear whichever campaign the agent is working on. This can be the address of any webpage you want all agents to have available to them. It can also be used to connect to Superstars, or to the Post message API.
In your Admin account:
- Go to the Projects page.
- Go to the Settings subpage.
- In the External URL views on Agent's call tab section, click the Add external view button.
- Type a View name. This will appear as a tab in the agents' outbound call tab.
- Type (or paste) an External URL.
- Click the URL Variables drop-down to add selected variable to the URL. You can use the drop-down multiple times to add further variables. These will be included into the URL, to pass the selected information to the site.
You can add multiple external views if required, click on the Add external view button again to add more.
Remember to save any changes you want to keep.