During a conversation with a chatbot, you may well give customers the opportunity to speak with a live agent. After dealing with the customer's query, the agent may want to send the customer back to the chatbot. You may create a call ending reason that sends the customer back to the chatbot, using flows.
You will need access to Advanced Flows to use this technique, available from the LeadApp Store.
Create the flow
In your Admin account:
- Go to the Inbound page.
- Go to the Flows subpage.
- Click the New flow button.
- Type a Flow Name for the flow and click OK.
By default, the Flow tool assumes you want a call flow. In this case, we do not.
- Click the Flows subpage tool again.
- Find the flow you just created in the list, and for it, click the Create message flow link.
- Drag the LeadML applet from the Message Applets to the Drop applet here box in the Message Received section.
- In the body of the applet, type:
- Drag the Chatbot applet from the Message Applets to the Drop applet here box in the New contact section.
- In the Chatbot applet, click the Select a chatbot drop-down list and select the chatbot you want to return the customer to.
- Click the Save button in the top left of the screen.
Create the call ending reason
Now you can create a call ending reason which will use this flow. Note that this must be a project specific call ending reason, not a global one.
In your Admin account:
- Go to the Projects page.
- Go to the Project List subpage.
- If necessary search for the project you want to add this call ending reason to.
- Click the name of the project to edit it.
- Scroll down to the Call results section of the project.
- Click the New reason button.
- Type a name for this call ending reason in the first, unlabelled, field. This is the name agents will see when they are selecting a call ending reason, it is important that the name you use makes the purpose clear.
- In the Extra settings section of the call result, click the Redirect messages to flow drop-down list and select the flow you created above.
- Make any other changes to the project you want to make.
- Click the Save button in the top right.
It is important to note that this call ending reason will be visible whenever the agents need to choose a call ending reason in this project, not just for chat messages. Agents will be able to select this call ending reason for calls, but the redirection is only available for message. It will not send calls to a chatbot.