This article is part of the Implementing Omni series. The previous article is Setting up webchat.
- The minimum version which includes only basic style options.
- The complete version which is more customisable.
Whichever version of the code you choose, the script should be pasted after the </body> tag of the page you wish to display it on.
You will need to customise the code following the guidelines below. If you have chosen the minimal version of the code, ignore any variables not included in it.
Before proceeding make sure you know your region and Connector id, as described in Setting up webchat.
Connecting to LeadDesk
The first change to the code you must make are what links the widget to your LeadDesk environment.
Choose a value based on the region for your environment.
- NOR → https://ld-webchat.leaddesk.com/nor-production-main.js
- CEU → https://ld-webchat.leaddesk.com/ceu-production-main.js
- QED → https://ld-webchat.leaddesk.com/qed-production-main.js
- Paste the Connector id from your inbound route.
The attached document describes the variables used in the complete version of the widget. This document will be updated with further development of the webchat widget, check back here for the latest version.
Updated 6 October 2023: Added a parameter data-show-attachment-button to switch off the customer's ability to add attachments.