The LeadDesk extension for Chrome allows agents to click to dial phone numbers around the web. What happens when an agent clicks on a number will depend on how the number appears on the web page, and which LeadDesk interface they are using.
The instructions in the rest of this article assume that the LeadDesk Talk extension for Chrome is installed and set up as described in this article. It also assumes you are using the Chrome browser, in some cases with the LeadDesk Windows application.
Phone numbers in an image
If the phone number is part of an image, you cannot use click to dial.
For example, this is a screenshot taken from the LeadDesk contacts page. Although the numbers in it are properly formatted (and even have a green phone icon), you cannot click to dial these numbers.
Plain text phone numbers
Phone numbers on web pages can appear just as text. With the LeadDesk Talk extension installed, you will see a green phone icon next to all properly formatted phone numbers you encounter on the web.
Clicking on the green phone icon will do one of the following:
- If you are currently logged in to LeadDesk in Chrome, and you are an Agent on the Talk interface, the phone number will appear in Talk's Phone number field and Talk will immediately dial the number.
- If you are not currently logged in to LeadDesk in Chrome, Chrome will open a new tab to the LeadDesk login page. Log in as an Agent and go to the Talk interface. Click the green phone icon again to start dialing.
- If you are currently logged in to LeadDesk in Chrome but are not on the Talk interface, the number will not be dialed.
'Call to' phone numbers
Phone numbers on web pages can be set as 'Call to' or 'Tel' numbers. These will appear on web pages as links. For example: This is a link to LeadDesk's support number +44 203 808 04 60. To use these links you need to be logged in to LeadDesk with the LeadDesk Windows application (not Chrome). If you are, clicking on the link will do one of the following:
- If you are currently logged in to the Talk interface, the linked phone number will appear in the Phone number field in Talk, and will be called immediately.
- If you are currently logged in to the Legacy Outbound interface, the linked number will appear in the Manual tab, click the Call button to place the call.
- If you are currently logged in to Outbound interface and you have the Manual call dialog open, the linked number will appear in dialog, click the Call button to place the call.
- If you are currently logged in to the Outbound interface and you do not have the Manual call dialog open, you will see a notification to open the Manual call.
- Click to dial does not currently work with the Omni interface.