This article describes how LeadDesk Talk interacts with Zendesk; how agents can set up outbound calls, how inbound calls are offered and what logic is in place.
Customer phone number management
Talk interacts with the Zendesk "end user", using the phone numbers available from the end user's card.
Outbound calls made by the agent, copy the number "as is" into Talk.
If the number is written in a local format, the number is appended by your account's default country code. If the number is written in an international format, the number is called as such.
LeadDesk Talk allows for two options of outbound calling:
- Agents can generate a call from the end user's profile card, or directly from the ticket, using the number linked to the end-user's card.
- (Optional) Agents can use the input field to add a number manually. Here the agent can either type out the number, or use a dialpad.
Inbound calls are offered in an E.164 format.
E.164: <+><country code><area code><number>, e.g. +44 203 808 04 14
Talk searches for an exact match of that number, referring to the Zendesk end user Phone field.
The agent's interface will offer all tickets that have a ticket status smaller than "Solved".
Reviewing your Zendesk data
To review your own Zendesk customer data, Zendesk Explore allows for pulling data for all end-users.
Need help? Reach out to your LeadDesk Account or Customer Success Manager.
Call and SMS related data in tickets
When a call is made, call data is pushed into the ticket automatically after the call.
- Call recording player (optional).
If "log call recording" is checked in the app settings, an audio player is present and allows you to review the call recording. Note that access can be restricted.
- Inbound call: the number used by the customer to call in with.
- Outbound call: the number used by the agent to call to the customer.
- Inbound call: the DID called by the customer.
- Outbound call: the number the agent called to.
The date-timestamp the call was started (<Month dd, YYYY at hh:mm:ss>).
The duration of the call (<mm minute, ss seconds>).
If a SMS is triggered after the call, this is printed as an internal note into the ticket.
The internal note is always labeled by a SMS header, followed by the content of the SMS as sent to the customer.
Call and SMS activities are pushed in under the name of the agent who performed the action.
Configurable app settings
Through the Zendesk Admin center > Apps and integrations > Zendesk Support Apps, you can configure the LeadDesk Talk app.
Note: settings such as the outgoing phone number used, overall call recording functionality and call result with or without SMS messages are configured through the LeadDesk administrator portal.
- Disable number input
- Checked (default value): the agent cannot enter a number manually into the dialer.
- Unchecked: the agent can freely add a phone number into the dialer to reach out to a customer.
- Call instantly on click-to-call
- Checked: when the agent clicks on "call this number", the phone number is copied into the dialer and the call starts instantly (phone line opens / call out attempt is made).
- Unchecked (default value): when the agent clicks on "call this number", the phone number is copied into the dialer, but the call does not yet start. The agent has to click the Call a button to start the call itself.
- Log call recording
- Checked (default value): after a call is made, a link to the call recording will be added into the ticket linked to the call. Access to the recording can to be configured through your LeadDesk administrator portal.
- Unchecked: the link to the call recording will not be added into the ticket.
Administrators can still review the call recording from the LeadDesk administrator portal.