In a bumper week for releases, we have updates for not only for the main application, but several associated components, including the Flow tool, Calendars, and the call recording service.
Release r84.78: The power of call ending reasons
This release sees two important new uses for call ending reasons, plus a few smaller fixes.
New call ending reason: Call rejected
When an inbound call is offered to the agent and the agent rejects that call, the call will now have a call ending reason Call rejected applied automatically. This call ending reason cannot be manually selected by an agent, and it cannot be edited in the call history.
Sending messages back to the chatbot
If you are using our chatbot as part of your webchat customer service, you are no doubt familiar with directing the conversation from the chatbot to an agent. Now agents can send the conversation back to the chatbot by selecting a call ending reason.
Admins will need to use the Flow tool to create a flow that rejoins the chatbot, then edit or create a call ending reason that sends the message to that flow.
This new option is only available when creating call results for Inbound projects, not in the global call ending reason editor, or in Outbound campaigns.
More more information see Sending customers back to Chatbot.
- Fixed a problem with moving a message from one contact’s history to another, which could previously fail when searching for the second contact.
- Contacts with very long histories were causing problems. Now the history only shows ten items initially, with a button to load more.
- Made security improvements.
- Message templates that included Scandinavian alphabets were being stored incorrectly, this has been changed.
Flow tool update 23.7
- The robot voice now pauses longer when it encounters a . and shorter for a comma, making its reading of sentences a little more natural.
- If you select a language in the Gather applet, it will now use that language when verifying numbers.
- Text in the Routing applet had claimed SMS only had subject text, this has been corrected, stating that SMS only have body text.
- Improved the Menu applet’s handling of incorrect or missing responses from the caller.
- When booking a meeting the default sender of the invite is the person hosting the meeting, rather than the person booking the meeting