The new Outbound agent interface will level up your agents’ use of LeadDesk, but we understand that any change can be daunting. This article discusses what updating will mean for you. What benefits will switching to the new interface grant you, and what, if anything, might you lose?
No change for Admins!
The change in the new Outbound interface only affects agents. All the tools and reports that Admins use will work whichever version of the interface your agents have. You can even have some agents using new Outbound and some using Legacy at the same time.
New functions in the new interface
For agents using the browser version of LeadDesk, the following works in the new Outbound but not in Legacy:
- Putting calls on hold.
- Transferring calls from the call ending reason.
- Announcing a transferred call, (also referred to as assisted transfer).
- Pause ongoing call recording
- Record agent voice only
- Checking the blacklist when making a manual call.
If your agents use the Windows application, they have access to the same functions in Legacy or new Outbound.
As new features are developed, they will primarily appear in the new Outbound, so this list will only grow.
Improved user experience
The new interface looks cleaner and more modern.
- Better use of screen space. Adapts to your monitor's resolution – see more at a glance.
- Improved navigation – quicker to use, make fewer mistakes.
- Renamed calling modes – easier to understand.
- Control when you are available for inbound calls.
Any agents experienced with Legacy Outbound will adjust quickly to the new interface. New agents starting out with LeadDesk for the first time will find it easier to learn and use.
Functions not included
While the new interface generally matches or improves upon Legacy Outbound, there are a very few functions that are not available.
No current plans, but alternate options exist:
- Inbound support for multi-channels and email. Consider using LeadDesk’s Omni product instead.
For the future
To take advantage of future development, you should switch to new Outbound.
The new Outbound is the new standard. All development for Outbound will be targeted first at the new interface and may or may not also be available in Legacy.