Cookie usage and other privacy stuff is of utmost importance to us. JennyWidget only uses localStorage items. If you use a 3rd party widget, we do not use anything.
List of localStorage items in use
- 4fa7344c-190f-11eb-86df-b52643870a23_chatHistory - List of messages in the chat history. Used for reloading conversation after refresh.
- 4fa7344c-190f-11eb-86df-b52643870a23_conversationId - Conversation's id, used for identification.
- 4fa7344c-190f-11eb-86df-b52643870a23_conversationToken - Conversation's token, used for authentication.
- 4fa7344c-190f-11eb-86df-b52643870a23_getjenny_bot_identifier - Used to identify the bot if multiple bots are used in the same web page.
- 4fa7344c-190f-11eb-86df-b52643870a23_getjenny_chat_open - Tells us whether the chat window is open or not.
- 4fa7344c-190f-11eb-86df-b52643870a23_getjenny_timestamp - When the conversation was active last time. If too much time has passed, the conversation is reset.
If you want to learn more on the difference between cookies and local storage, this is an excellent read (medium.com article).