LeadDesk allows you to use SIP accounts from another VoIP provider.
This can be done in combination with the installed application (not browser supported).
From the General Settings (1) > VoIP (2) tab you can find the different VoIP accounts that are being used by your LeadDesk environment. You'll find accounts here that are being used your VoIP remote listener (optional) and your robot dialers (optional).
If you already own a VoIP account from a different provider, LeadDesk allows you to add a direct account from this tab. Click the Create new (3) button and fill out the fields with the asterisk (*):
- VoIP account: This will the name that will show in the agent tab (see second screenshot). Not to be confused with VoIP username.
- VoIP username: The username of your VoIP account, used to register at the 3rd party provider.
- VoIP password: The password of your VoIP account, used to register at the 3rd party provider.
- VoIP server address: The IP address where your VoIP account will register (PBX server of 3rd party provider).
- VoIP auth name (optional): only to be filled out if required by 3rd party.
- Proxy address (optional): only to be filled out if required by 3rd party.
- VoIP inbound number (optional): only to be filled out if required by 3rd party.
After you've created a VoIP account, you can select the account from the Agents (1) > Agent list (2) > Existing or new agent (3) > VoIP account dropdown menu (4).
When your agent logs in with this account (installed application required), the VoIP connection will bypass the LeadDesk network/servers and connect directly to the IP address that you've set above.
When In the application, click the blue VoIP button (1) and check if the VoIP username (2) matches with what you've filled in from the admin side. If this does not match, ask the agent to log out and follow the steps above one more time.
Please note: that for troubleshooting purposes only your 3rd party can provide you with feedback, as our IT staff cannot review activities for the 3rd party's infrastructure.
If you want to use both LeadDesk VoIP accounts and 3rd party accounts, please contact our Support department to organize your accounts according to your wishes.
DTMF is only available through "inband".
Available codecs for the direct account (contact Support to set a specific codec):