The Contact Card is the screen viewed by the agent during a call – and after a call – to update contact data, callbacks, orders and comments. It is a straightforward, intuitive interface – all agents should take a moment to familiarize themselves with the Contact Card.
When the Contact Card appears depends on the calling mode. It appears immediately in Power Dial, Preview and List Dial, and it appears on answer in Manual Dial.
Tip: An agent can also manually open a specific contact’s Contact Card by clicking on the specific contact’s name.
Navigating around the Contact Card in LeadDesk Machine
The Contact Card is divided into three panes:
- The top panel includes the Contact, Comment and Contact Comment tabs – basic information.
- The lower panels logically guide the agent through call resolution. Here the agent type in all the additional or new information for the contact.
- The lower left panel includes the Objectives / Product and Callback tabs – important data for the agent to enter depending on the success of the call. A positive call usually involves completing campaign objectives data, which is then added to the Order. Tip: A product must be added for the call to be counted as an order.
- The lower right panel (3) shows the Order and Delivery Address tabs
Tip: The Objectives / Product tab content is configured by your admin for each campaign. This is commonly used to include product-specific information, product customization, product pricing, product demonstration etc.
Contact tab – contact details and call functions
- More – access more contact data fields
- Call – starts dialing the number displayed
- Disconnect – disconnects the current call
- Forward – transfers the call to a number in the Phone Book. Tip: Phone Book numbers are configured by your administrator and are typically direct numbers for other agents in your team.
- Keypad icon – opens up a keypad dialer if you need to input numeric selections to navigate e.g. a company’s IVR system.
- Microphone icon – enables you to mute your microphone.
- Voice receipt – manually activates call audio recording (if enabled).
- Close/Arrow – when closing a call it is mandatory to select a call result from the menu. Tip: your administrator configures theses call result choices. Typical choices are e.g. Deal, Callback etc. NOTE: don’t select Close until you are completely ready with your call and any Callback or Order data entry.
- Remove from call list – this button is active if you disconnect a call before it is answered. Tip: use this for e.g. invalid numbers.
Additional Contact tab functions – contact editing and advanced Contact Actions
- More – shows more contact data fields e.g. for additional customer information.
- Select phone number – switches between multiple phone numbers assigned to the same contact.
- Add phone number – enables you to manually add a new phone number to the contact if e.g. details have changed.
- Save contact – saves any changes you have made. Tip: this is only an active button if you have made some changes or additions to the contact data.
- Contact Actions – these advanced actions enable you to Reserve a contact, add a contact to the Blacklist. Tip: Reserve is typically used in List Dialing and removes a Contact from other agents’ lists.
During a call, in LeadDesk Machine's Contact Card view, addition to the Contact information window, agents may have other tabs/windows available, if enabled by their administrator:
- Contact window – basic information view, with access to More data and contact actions
- Campaign-specific sales script (if enabled)
- Call-specific comments
- Tip: you can easily view multiple comments from different calls associated with a specific contact here
- The current contact's company information
- Tip: some of these fields are duplicated in the basic Contact info view and Contact > More view
- Tip: if you have B2B View enabled and your admin has enabled the Global Company Comment feature, a comment entered under the Company tab will show on that company's contacts – and will overwrite any previous company comment
Adjacent to the the Contact Card tab, at the top of the screen, you may have other tabs available:
- Opens a browser-based Campaign window within the LeadDesk interface for e.g. web-based order forms, surveys, browser-based CRM systems etc.
- Note: Your admin can enable up to two external Campaign windows and corresponding tabs.
- Opens the meeting booking window and enables you to book meetings between e.g. sales people and customers. Meeting Calendars is available as a LeadApp add-on for LeadDesk Software.
Contact Card – Objectives / Product tab
The Objectives / Product ad Callback tabs contain important data for the agent to enter depending on the success of the call:
- A positive call usually involves completing campaign objectives data, such as selecting a product and selecting Add To Order.
- An open call usually involves setting a Callback
- A negative call usually involves the agent selecting a Call Result from the Close/Arrow icon, without entering any Callback or Order data.
Tip: Objectives / Product tab data entry fields are configured by your administrator and are campaign-specific. These are typically configured to be e.g. product selection, product customization etc. The Add To Order button adds the product data to the Order tab’s fields.
Contact Card – Callback tab
The Callback tab enables you to easily set up a reminder either during or after the call:
- Private/Public Callback – choose if the Callback only appears in your own personal private Callback list or if any agent assigned to the related Campaign can make the Callback
- New number – you can manually add a specific Callback number e.g. if the contact requests a callback to a different number
- Agent selector – assign an agent if Personal Callback is selected. Tip: you are the default agent. The agent selector is not present if General Callback is selected.
- Requested Call Time/Date – use the dropdowns to choose a time. Select a date from the calendar.
- Callback comment – free text field for comments and notes.
- Save/Clear – saves the Callback information and adds it to the respective Private or Public Callbacks list. Clear resets the Callback info. Tip: view all available scheduled Callbacks under the main view Callbacks tab.
Contact card – Order and Delivery Address tabs
These tabs enable you to quickly fulfill e.g. product/service orders or complete your specific campaign objectives.
Tip: every campaign is different and Product/Order/Delivery Address data fields will vary, depending on how your administrator has configured them.
- Order – This works like a familiar online shopping cart. Increase and decrease the amount of each ordered product, and choose an Order Status and Order Date (if enabled). The Save button saves each Order into the LeadDesk system. There are also Cancel Order, Add New Order and Update Order options. If more than one order is made for a specific customer you can examine and edit orders via the dropdown menu. Tip: if you have added product-specific details under the Objectives / Product tab then these will show if you mouse over your Order details. Keep in mind that in order for a order to go through the contact needs to have a product on it.
- Delivery Address – If an alternative delivery address has been requested you should fill it in here. The default delivery address is the contact’s address as displayed in the Contact Card. Tip: your administrator can make e.g. specific Delivery Address fields mandatory.
NOTE: Order fulfillment varies from campaign to campaign and depends on how your admin has configured LeadDesk to work with e.g. external order fulfillment/CRM systems. Some common workflow is for admins to use API/CRM integration, or LeadDesk SMS/Email templates for processing Order details. If your Campaign is using e.g. Email Order processing then the Email will be sent when you select e.g. Email Order as the Call Result from the Close dropdown menu.
The Campaign tab appears adjacent to the Contact Card tab at the top of the LeadDesk Machine agent interface – during a call.
Tip: Agents only see The Campaign tab if it has been enabled by their administrator for a specific campaign.
In the Campaign window agents can seamlessly access web-based external functions e.g. web pages, a web shop, online survey, CRM system, ERP system etc. all from within the LeadDesk interface.
Tip: Your admin has the ability to create 1-2 Campaign tabs and can choose the default tab when you start a call. In practice this means that some campaigns are configured so that the Campaign window opens when you start a call – instead of the LeadDesk Contact Card.