When an email arrives to a queue in Omni, it is offered to the first available agent, who can choose to accept it or not. If the agent rejects the email, it will be offered to the next available agent. The message will only appear on one agent's Active list at a time.
The Active list does not act as a group inbox, where agents can manually pick which emails to answer. Instead it shows each agent the messages they are working on, plus whichever message they are currently being offered.
Clients wanting an approach more like a group inbox might consider enabling agents to pick messages from the queue directly (see below).
To be offered messages from a queue, you must have started inbound.
As the message is offered, you will see:
To accept a message offered to you:
To reject the message:
If you reject a message it will be offered to the next available agent. If all available agents reject the message it can be offered to you again.
When you accept the message, the message will be selected automatically:
- Your number of active contacts will increase by 1. This number is shown to the right of Active.
- The message, and any other contact history, will be displayed in the middle of the screen.
- The Contact details will be displayed on the right.
The message will remain in your Active list until you have assigned it a call ending reason (or until you transfer the message elsewhere).
In the History tab, you will see the history of conversations that the contact has had the the Customer Service team, with the most recent message at the top.
- You can filter the history to show only unfinished activities or only unread messages by ticking the appropriate checkbox.
- For longer messages, click the View in full screen link to see more of the message.
- A message is only marked as Read when you reply to it, or when you click the Mark as read link. For more on unread messages, see Unread messages.
Next to the History tab you may see further tabs. In the screenshot above, there is a tab called Optional, for example. These may be added by your Admin to a project for all sorts of reasons, including providing access to knowledge bases or external systems.
Replying to an email
Wen you are ready to reply to an email:
- Click the Reply button.
For more see Replying to an email.
Picking emails from the queue
While the primary way of working on an email is to be offered it and accept, some clients use another method, which is closer to the concept of a group inbox. Admins can enable agents to look at the queue and pick messages from it directly.
To see the list of messages waiting in a queue:
- Click the Queue tab, to the right of Active. This option is only visible if an Admin has enabled it.
You will see a table of all messages waiting in queue, with headline information about each message. To pick a message from the queue:
- Click the icon to the right of the message.
The email will immediately be accepted and moved to your Active tab. You can proceed with it as normal.