In Stagelight, Admins can listen to calls live. If necessary, they can then join the call and speak to the agent, or both the agent and the contact. This ability can also be given to Team Leaders and managers (see Allowing Team Leaders and Managers to listen to calls in Stagelight).
To listen to a call currently in progress, in Stagelight:
- Click the icon on the right hand side of the row for that agent.
The listening tool will open at the bottom of the screen, showing the name of the contact that the agent is talking to.
Note that you can only listen in to an agent while they are actively on a call with a contact. When the agent finishes the call, or if you click to listen when an agent is not on a call, the listening tool will display Waiting for agent to be in a call.
When you have finished listening:
- Click the X to the right of the listening tool.
Listen, Whisper, Barge
In addition to listening to the call, if necessary, you can also join the call, speaking only to the agent, or to both the agent and the customer.
- Click the Listen button in the listening tool.
You will see a list of three options:
- Listen: Listen in to the conversation, the agent and the contact cannot hear you.
- Whisper: Listen to the conversation and speak to the agent. The contact will not hear you. Use to train an agent or give tips in a difficult situation.
- Barge: This allows you to join the conversation fully. Both the agent and the contact will hear you.
- Click the option for the mode you want to use. You can switch between the three modes as needed.